CALL FOR PAPERS for works with SWB
Special Issue in Ecological Engineering (Elsevier) on:
“Nature- and bio-based solutions for ecosystem restoration, landslide hazard mitigation, and ground improvement: research and application novelties”.
Open call for papers
This special issue will focus on developing practical solutions that can be applied in real-world scenarios. Additionally, there will be a significant emphasis on exploring the interactions between industry and research, with the aim of bridging the gap between scientific knowledge and implementation.
The topics of this special issue include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Novel NBbS applications, also including laboratory or in-situ tests used for the design/monitoring/upscaling/proof of concept.
• Numerical studies investigating and supporting the application at different scales.
• Development of tools, investigation of case studies, and practical approaches to implement nature- and bio-based solutions at full-scale, with special emphasis to novel applications and ecosystem restoration.
• Monitoring the performance and effectiveness of nature- and bio-based solutions over time.
• Theoretical or data-driven approaches to design nature- or bio-based solutions in geotechnical engineering.
• Producing reviews and databases on nature- and bio-based solutions for hydro-geological risk mitigation.
• Sharing ground-breaking and promising results from preliminary testing of nature- and bio-based solutions.
Deadline : 30th of December, 2023.
Special Issue in Ecological Restoration of River and Wetland by Soil Bio- and Eco-Engineering
As a nature-friendly technology, soil Bio- and Eco-Engineering has been being utilized for restoration of degraded rivers and wetlands, and many researches have contributed to its theory development. To further promote and expand the practices of Soil Bio- and Eco-Engineering in ecological restoration of river and wetland worldwidely, this special issue will highlight focuses on its recent advances and research on theory, mechanism, practice and case studies.
(Soil Bio- and Eco-Engineering) OR (river) OR (wetland) OR (ecological restoration) OR (erosion) OR (riparian) OR (rock) OR (wood pile
• Prof. Zhenxing Zhang Northeast Normal University
• Prof. Ying Liu Hubei University of Technology
• Prof. Hans Peter Rauch University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences (BOKU )
• Prof. Jinnan Ji Beijing Forestry University
Deadline: Jan 31, 2024