Federico Preti ( AIPIN EFIB ) as convener with Paola Sangalli ( EFIB ) and Vittoria Capobianco ( Plantnet AIPIN)
The conference in numbers:259 papers have been accepted and 10 outstanding participants have been awarded in LASOSU2021.
241 participants from 19 countries in the field of soil and water conservation and sustainable development have been involved in the online communication during 22-23 August, including 53 chairpersons, 169 oral presenters and 19 poster presenters, 82 of which are at the level of professors, and 84 of which are from outside of China. In the conference, 6 preeminent scientists, have given keynote speeches, and another 23 experts have given solicited parallel-session presentations. During the conference, a total of 2263 participants were recorded.
Relevant presentations from the session were:
- Soil and Water Bioengineering (SWB)in Europe: 25 Years of the EFIB, presented by Paola Sangalli – EFIB
- An overview of constructed wetlands for wastewater treatment in mountain areas: performance and floristic evolution in several case studies in Val Camonica (North Italy), presented by Lorenzo Rossi – University of Milano.
- NBS and traditional erosion and landslide mitigation measures in LaRiMiT database: pooling of expert scores, presented by Vittoria Capobianco – NGI.
- Transferability analysis as a supporting tool for the implementation of soil and water bioengineering techniques to unknown areas, presented by Melanie Maxwald – University of Florence.
- Ecosystem kickstarter: Affordable and sustainable erosion control for restoring desertification-prone agro-ecosystems, presented by Teun A. Vogel – Cambisol Environmental Consultancy
- Nature-based solutions for water management and conservation: the case study of the LIFE BEWARE project, presented byLorenzo Bettella– University of Padova
- Grey and blue-green infrastructures acting together, presented by GioiaGibelli – Politecnico di Milano.
LASOSU2021 has received wide attention in the field of soil conservation and sustainable development. It is said that “LASOSO2021 is a high-level international academic conference held under the epidemic situation of COVID-19”. Maybe LASOSU2021 has made a promotion in improving the general studies and starting the key projects in the field.
LASOSU2021 has played a positive role in providing a global perspective and strategic thinking to dissolve the problem of serious soil degradation described in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, a document adopted by all UN Member States in 2015.